Lake Shore Youth Baseball
Fall 2020 Intramural Baseball Registration is Now Closed
Question? Please email Amy Fogarty, Registrar at lsybregistrar@gmail
Return To Play For Games,
Practice or Other Event
In conjunction with Governor Hogan’s Maryland Strong Roadmap to Recovery, and in consultation with the Anne Arundel County Health Officer, the Department of Recreation and Parks has developed a plan for recreational opportunities and public facilities. The following are GUIDELINES for Recreation and Parks Facilities and/or programs operating under a permit issued by Anne Arundel County Recreation & Parks Department. GENERAL PROTOCOLS: Participation in Recreation & Parks programs is only allowed if you have had no signs or symptoms of COVID-19, and you have not been exposed to someone who has had signs or symptoms of COVID-19 for a minimum period of 14 days before participation. If you have had a positive test for COVID-19, you must be cleared from isolation by the Health Department to resume participation.
● Participation in programs requires a signed Anne Arundel County COVID Waiver Form;
● If you are sick or feel sick, you should remain home;
● Temperature checks should be done before going to games/practice for players, volunteers and coaches;
● Masks are required in all areas except when on the field of play o Masks are not required for players and officials while on the field of play, but are recommended
● Masks are required by all volunteers and spectators not on the playing field. A representative from each team will be asked to ensure Social Distancing and Return to Play Guidelines are followed;
● A list of players who attend each practice and game should be kept and will be requested if someone test positive for COVID-19. If a team member does test positive the organization must contact the Health Department at 410-222-7095 or 443-481-3140.
● Hand sanitizer should be available at all activities;
● Assign an area for each player to place their equipment;
● No sharing of drink bottles or any personal equipment;
● No centralized hydration or refreshment areas;
● No more than two (2) adult spectators per player at events;
● Participants should refrain from handshakes, huddles and high fives;
● Tents are not permitted with the exception of medical tents;
● At the conclusion of your team's game we are asking all players, coaches and spectators to quickly exit the field to create space for the next teams scheduled to play;
● Restrooms should be made available at most sites. Port-a-pots may also be available at sites. It is the responsibility of all facility users to follow the above recommendations.
Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in cancellation of game/practice/permit and/or removal from County property.
DISCIPLINE: The following will be the disciplinary action taken by Recreation & Parks for violations of the above guidelines. These actions could be taken against an Organization or team depending on the nature of the violation.
● Organization/team is issued a formal warning.
● Organization must submit written confirmation that rules will be followed and action plan to ensure compliance going forward.
● Organization/team is suspended for one week from games and practices.
● Organization/team's season is over. Please note that Recreation & Parks has the authority to cancel, suspend or deny all permitted use of Anne Arundel County property if an organization/team fails to comply with the guidelines.
● Limit the number of games per site
● Spectators are limited to two per participant.
● Teams and spectators must exit fields immediately after games.
● Additional time will be scheduled between games to discourage athletes and spectators from lingering after games.
● Mask wearing and social distancing measures will be enforced for everyone not in the field of play or on sidelines.
● Hand sanitizer and regular cleaning of restrooms and concession stands is required.
The Snack Shack will be open,
Tuesday-Thursday from 5-8pm
If you are 14-18 yrs old and are interested in umpiring intramural clinic or pinto games (coach pitch or kid pitch), please contact Judy McMeen at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Cell Tower update:
The first new Verizon cell service improvement is on track to be up and running by the end of the year. The small cell site at Lake Shore Plaza is moving forward and permits are applied for.
The Woods Road tower is moving forward and is expected to be completed in 2020. Also an additional site is in the works for Magothy Bridge Road.
These can’t happen soon enough!
Moving forward and staying on task with all the Little League organizations in Anne Arundel County, Lake Shore Baseball has decided to change the birth date cut-off. Above are the birth date ranges which utilize the 8/31 birthdate cutoff. They are the new Little League dates that are already in effect. They coincide with the school year which is actually, our main reason for making the change so kids in the same school grade/year will play together.
Thank you for your support in making this transition possible!
I am pleased to announce that this year’s Lake Shore Youth Baseball scholarship recipient is Reed Matkins. Reed has played baseball for over 10 years, playing travel baseball on the Lake Shore Graysox and striving all the way to Varsity on his high school team. Reed is a perfect example of a “Scholar Athlete” making Principals Honor Roll, as well as being selected as Chesapeake High School Athlete of the Month. Reed was also team captain of both JV and Varity for the high school Basketball and Baseball teams. Reed has been accepted to Shepperd University, where he plans to study Elementary Education. Please help me congratulate Chesapeake Senior Reed Matkins!